Thursday, October 7, 2010

why is it?

Why is it that the dinner that you spend the most on is the dinner that your children refuse to eat? Tonight, I made pizza. No I did not call up the pizza man. I actually made pizza. I did cheat and buy the dough; next time I am making it. But I did make the pesto sauce from basil, that I grew, and garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt and pepper. I cooked the chicken, cut up grapes and grated cheese. Boiled an artichoke for a side, and made a salad. Dinner time came and the kids had other plans, and then decided they wanted pineapple, not grapes on their pizza. It became a battle of how many bites to eat, what size of bite, what would and would not happen if they did take bites.................. !! Was it worth the effort? YES. Super yummie dinner. Maybe on these nights I should just let them watch their movie and I can enjoy my pizza in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment